God has been good to me. As I reflected on what I had to be thankful for as we move into the Thanksgiving holiday I realized that I have much to be thankful for. We look at the trials and disappointments that come our way and thankfulness is not apart of that thought pattern at that time. I am thankful for the:
- disappointments that come my way for they are a means of getting me to linger longer in prayer.
- trials that my children find themselves going through because it helps them to learn to put their trust in God.
- financial difficulties my husband and I find ourselves in, because when we feel that the money is not their to pay our tithes and when we pay them anyhow, we experience the windows of blessing that Malachi 3:10 speaks of.
Yes, trials and disappointments can be a blessing. There are other blessings that I am thankful for:
- The blessing of the birth of a new grandchild
- The love of a husband and children
- Being appointed an Elder of my church
- Christ shedding of His blood for eternal life for me.
"Rejoice in the Lord!"
"Give thanks in all circumstances!"