A few weeks ago I attended a singles conference lead by Pastor Paul B. Mitchell of Changing Lives Christian Center here in Brooklyn, NY. Now I’m not one of those thirsty, desperate to get married types. I do want to get married some day, but I am waiting on God because I’ve seen too many FOOLS RUSH INto marriage and the inevitable disaster that awaits. That’s one party I don’t want an invite to. Waiting on God to send us His best may seem like an eternity. However, there are some things that we as Christian singles should do while we wait. Pastor Mitchell did an outstanding job at highlighting the fact that people need to be content in whatever state they’re in. Singleness should not be seen as a curse, but as an opportunity to totally avail ourselves to God. Pastor Mitchell was surprisingly very real. Most pastors just shake your hand and tell you to pray thank you Captain Obvious. He really went there and didn’t sugar coat anything! It was very refreshing to see a man tell it like it is without being critical. If anyone walked away from the conference having learnt nothing, then there’s no hope for you stick to praying for a man. I for one will be putting this list to practice and because I’m such a nice and generous person I am attaching the notes from the conference!
I leave you with this: Don’t settle for good enough when you can have God’s best!
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH, 2011
MIND RENEWING SINGLES MINISTRY CONFERENCE
PASTOR: PAUL B. MITCHELL
TEN THINGS CONCERNING SINGLE PEOPLE (GENESIS 2: 16 – 18)
WHEN GOD LOOKED AT ADAM, HE DIDN’T JUSE SEE A MAN, HE LOOKED AT MANKIND. HE SAID IT IS NOT GOOD FOR MAN TO BE ALONE. GOD KNOWS ALL OF YOUR PROCLIVITIES, HE KNOW ALL OF YOUR FLAWS.
1. AS A SINGLE PERSON DEVELOP A DEEPER RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD (NOT TO BECOME WEIRD). YOU ARE SINGLE AND HAVE NO MAN/WOMAN TO COOK FOR. YOU ARE FREE AND AVAILABLE TO GOD. YOU ARE MORE AVAILABLE TO GOD THAN MARRIED PEOPLE. SO WHEN YOU ARE SINGLE YOU DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE OTHER PERSON.
2. SEEK TO HAVE A WHOLE LIFE AS A SINGLE PERSON. GO OUT NOW, GO TO THE GYM, GET DRESSED UP TO GO OUT NOW. DON’T WAIT UNTIL YOU GET MARRIED TO GO OUT AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE. FIND A FRIEND TO GO OUT WITH. YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU GET MARRIED TO DO THE THINGS YOU LIKE TO DO. TOO MANY SINGLES ARE WAITING AND YOU SHOULD BE PREPARING WHILE YOU ARE WAITING. YOU SHOULD BE GETTING READY NOW.
GOD BLESSES FORWARD THINKING PEOPLE. IT IS TIME TO GET YOUR BUSINESS TOGETHER NOW BEFORE YOU MEET HIM/HER.
RECOMMENDED BOOK TO READ: THE LAW OF ATTRACTION. THIS BOOK WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO BE ATTRACTIVE. LOOKS FADE. YOU SHOULD NEVER BE JEALOUS OF ANYBODY ELSE. IF YOU SEEK A WHOLE AND HEALTHY LIFE YOU WILL ATTRACT THE RIGHT PERSON.
CARNAL SIN – DON’T BE A NEEDY PERSON. IT IS VERY UNATTRACTIVE AND YOU WILL ATTRACT AN ABUSER. THERE ARE MEN/WOMEN WHO WILL NOT DATE A HEALTHY MAN/WOMAN. WE ARE A SPIRIT BEING. SPIRITS ARE ATTRACTED TO ONE ANOTHER LIKE KIND PRODUCERS. THE LAW OF ATTRACTION IS REAL. DON’T EXPECT TO MEET SOMEONE IF YOU ARE NOT STRONG.
3. DEVELOP INTEREST BEYOND WORK, HOME, SCHOOL, AND CHURCH. YOUR LIFE MUST BE BIGGER THAN THAT. WHEN YOU DEVELOP OTHER INTEREST IT MAKES YOU AND I MORE INTERESTING.
4. EXERCISE – EVERYBODY IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE SKINNY. DO THE BEST WITH WHAT YOU HAVE. EXERCISE YOUR MIND, EAT TO FEED, READ TO FEED YOUR MIND, EXERCISE TO FEED YOUR BODY. I PRAY TO FEED MY SPIRIT. (AIMED AT DEVELOPING THE WHOLE MAN).
5. AVOID PEOPLE WHO SEEK TO CONTROL AND SILENCE YOUR PERSONALITY. THERE IS SOMETHING WONDERFUL ABOUT YOUR PERSONALITY. PEOPLE MATTER. THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE MATTER. EVIL CORRUPTS GOOD MANNERS.
6. RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE’S MARRIAGE. DON’T SOW THIS INTO YOUR LIFE. IF HE/SHE IS MARRIED STAY OUT OF THEIR FACE. DON’T BE NEEDY. (JOHN 3:27) YOU WANT A SOLID PERSON IN YOUR LIFE.
7. LIVE AND BUDGET WITHIN YOUR MEANS. FINANCES ARE A MAJOR CAUSE OF DIVORCE. INSTANT GRATIFICATION IS NO GOOD. RESENTMENT IS A CANCER IN ANY RELATIONSHIP.
8. SET A GUARD OVER YOUR HEART. DON’T GIVE AWAY YOUR HEART. LET HIM/HER EARN YOUR HEART FOR OUT OF IT IS THE ISSUES OF LIFE.
9. MANAGE YOUR APPETITE. SEX IS WONDERFUL. JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE FEELING FOR SEX DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE A SINNER. PRAY ABOUT IT!!!! AN APPETITE IS A NEED TO EAT. YOU NED TO BE RIGHT. SEXUALITY IS NOT WRONG, BUT YOU HAVE TO ASK GOD TO MANAGE IT. ANY APPETITE THAT IS OUT OF CONTROL IS A LUST. ALL OF OUR APPETITES MUST BE MANAGED. APPETITES ARE A POWERFUL BUSINESS.
10. DON’T MAKE DECISIONS THAT COMPLICATE YOUR LIFE. IF YOU SLIP UP AND HAVE SEX PROTECT YOURSELF. YOU SHOULD NOT BE HAVING SEX AS A SINGLE PERSON. IF YOU GO OUT ON DATES DON’T PAY FOR EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING IS ABOUT BALANCE.
SET YOUR CRITERIA’S. DATE A MAN/WOMAN THAT LOVE AND RESPECT GOD. DON’T TRY TO MAKE WRONG RIGHT. SET PARAMETERS AND LEAVE THEM.
Author Bio: Holychick Be Fabulous, Be Fierce, Be You! http://holychick.wordpress.com/2011/10/01/10-things-a-single-person-should-do/